Wednesday, October 29, 2014

WCW Fresh Pumpkin Scones

Welcome to another week of What's Cooking Wednesday!

This week's recipe will probably benefit those of you who are carving Halloween pumpkins and need something to do with leftover pumpkin. Or, if you are like me and don't celebrate Halloween but still like pumpkin, I hope you will give this recipe a try.

You will need:
2 1/2 cups self raising flour
pinch salt
1 cup cooked, mashed pumpkin
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup lemonade
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds

Preheat oven to 230 degrees C and line a baking tray.

Sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Mix the pumpkin and milk in another bowl, then add to the flour mix with the lemonade. Mix until a sticky dough forms.

Turn out and knead lightly, being generous with extra flour to dust. Cut into circles ad place on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.

Bake for 15 minutes until golden.



The verdict- more like a bread than a scone, these still had a great flavour and my husband loves them (he loves anything pumpkin!). I really enjoyed these the next day, as the flavour was more pronounced.

1 comment :

  1. I really like how you topped them with pumpkin seeds! I bet these taste really, really good!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...