Wednesday, March 11, 2015

WCW One Bowl Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins


My husband is a big fan of the standard chocolate chip banana muffin, and so I wanted to make a healthier option for lunchboxes during the week. I came up with this recipe as I was trying to make muffins and cook dinner at the same time, and I wanted something quick and easy. This recipe only uses one bowl, no fussy measurements, and healthier options.

One Bowl Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 eggs
2 bananas, mashed
1/2 cup Greek yoghurt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups wholemeal flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Prepare a 12 cup muffin tray with spray or liners.

In a bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy. Beat the eggs in, one at a time, then add the bananas, yoghurt and vanilla. Sift in the flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder, and mix to just combine. Fold in the chocolate chips.

Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until the muffins are golden and cooked through. Leave to cool for 5 minutes before turning out on a wire rack.



These muffins are moist, delicious and decadent, and my muffin-mad husband gave these two thumbs up.

2 comments :

  1. This is just perfect. I was needing something easy to make for the girls for afternoon tea. I think I have all the ingredients as well.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...