Sunday, July 12, 2015

Happy 3rd Birthday Adam

Today we celebrate three years with our little dynamo Adam- a cheeky, fun-loving boy who loves singing, funny faces and playing dress-ups. I want to remember all the things I love about my sweet second child, and so here is a letter I have written to him to celebrate his third birthday.

I had a slightly difficult pregnancy with you Adam, and was feeling very large as you ended your time in my belly! We were all so excited to meet you.



Due to complications with my first pregnancy, we did not want a repeat delivery experience and so you entered the world via c-section. You came out with your eyes wide open- so alert and looking around in wonder at everything that was going on.



You started off as a placid, sensitive baby and it took a while to get into a rhythm. You had severe reflux and a few tears were shed by everyone after many sleepless nights, but eventually things settled down. I always remember the multiple night time feeds, having to sit up with you for 20 minutes after you had fallen asleep to make sure you wouldn't bring anything back up. During the day, you were happiest playing with big brother Lucas, who adores having a playmate.



Adam, you are such a happy boy, and right from the start your big smiles were enough to make it all worthwhile.



But you certainly have an attitude, and you are very strong-willed!



Your messy blond hair, big blue eyes and huge grin make you an absolute cutie, and can't get over how adorable you are.



You have such a wonderful sense of adventure, and love exploring outside. You are a real risk taker and willing to give anything a try, especially if it involves going fast!



Your imagination is wonderful, and you spend a lot of time pretending to be a doctor, superhero or a singer. You can hold a tune marvelously well, and your capacity to remember song lyrics is amazing. You also love being social, and one of your favourite times is at playgroup, where you always insist on getting your face painted as a dog.



Adam, we can't imagine life without you. You bring laughter, smiles and joy into our household and have turned from a blond baby into a tough three year old right before my eyes. You still insist on mummy cuddles every day, and I hope you are never to old enough to need a kiss goodnight.



I can't wait to see how you take being a three year old in your stride- I know there will be some changes ahead now that you are becoming more independent, but you are still my little boy.

All my love,
Mum

1 comment :

  1. What gorgeous photos. Just adore the last one. Happy Birthday to your not so little man.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...