Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Six Ways with Statement necklaces

Autumn usually finds me in plain layers, and so the best way for me to add interest to an outfit is with a statement necklace.

Statment necklaces are fabulous for anchoring an outfit, pinning down billowy fabric and allowing the eye to focus on a certain point in your outfit. With a statement necklace, you can draw attention to parts of the body you like, and take attention away from the parts you aren't as fond of!

Lets begin with the Chevron necklace, a great silver piece that goes with most things in my wardrobe! A plain gold or silver statement necklace is a must have in your autumn wardrobe.

Here I have paired the Chevron necklace with a striped sweater, black jeans and grey boots. You can see how it instantly creates a focal point to my outfit and ties the shades of grey together.



The Chevron necklace is also stunning with a monochromatic colour scheme. This statement piece helps my outfit to look finished and also provides an extra layer of interest without being too busy.



A coloured statement necklace also does wonders to bring a smile to my face! The 5 Strand Jewel Tone necklace is certainly a show-stopper, and takes my tonal outfit from drab to fab with the addition of extra colour and interest.



It works well with strong colours like the green above, and this purple top. Paired with neutrals, it really holds its own, but would also look fabolous with a patterned top or dress in complimentary colours.



The same coloured top and statement necklace can also work well together if there is a contrast in texture or some feature piece to stand out within the necklace. Here, the Red and Black Cross necklace can be paired with a red top, as the mix of red and grey beads allows the eye to be drawn down to the cross pendant at the bottom. I must admit, this is one of my favourite necklaces to wear with red or black! It also draws the eye down to a great pair of shoes, an interesting belt or some textured pants if you need a secondary feature piece.



I am still getting days of sunshine this early ion May, which has been a great excuse to get my shorts out! A choker-style chunky necklace is a great addition to a wardrobe where you will be wearing plain long sleeved tops with a shorter hem, as it keeps the look balanced. This Fireball and Pearls necklace looks stunning with bold colours, greys and creams, and would be great for an evening out.



As you can see, plain coloured tops get a new lease of life when paired with an eye-catching necklace. Next week, I will be sharing some ways on how to wear statement necklaces with scarves as the weather gets cooler.

I would love to know which necklace is your favourite!

Disclaimer: I was gifted these pieces, however all opinions are my own and I only share products I love with you!

4 comments :

  1. I love long statement necklaces. I find them so flattering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I think my favourite is the 5 Strand or the Pearl choker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Statement necklaces really make a difference in an outfit and make a huge impact. I love how you decided to show off how it can look on casual and more chic looks. Would love if you can link up to http://the-wardrobe-stylist.com/2016/04/17/diy-brazilian-hair-extensions/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous selection of necklaces!! The statement necklaces add just the right touch to an outfit. You look adorable in all of these!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...